Sunday, December 26, 2010

Japansese Gropped Subway

Should no one resists (at Butterball Mary)

(Photo taken in the office of G. with my new lamp Celine Saby , received in the pretty wrapping paper! I like it very much. I hope you had a nice Christmas too!)
That evening, in the subway, Chevaleret, there is a big guy coming up, throwing the other passengers on a hard look behind his glasses rimmed strict . It was about my age, and shoes polished to a close and stiff coat. Installed on a seat, he rubs his hands, then leaves her little gold buckle satchel a medical journal. An internal neurology! It reminded me as I could hide behind the racks of newspapers news briefing at the hospital when I had the course but I wanted to avoid the other students when the teacher was late.
(I'm a bit antisocial. The other day when this was not the point, I was even told in a tone of reproach that I mysterious ).
was early December and I was alone in Paris for a conference. I had never seen snow on the Seine. I watched all the little sections Skytrain. I felt at that time a discreet melancholy which paraded in front of the facades, all windows, the lives that are played back, all the people we will never know which one knows nothing.
I slept with an uncle and his girlfriend, they have a life family to which I am not at all familiar. I discovered the Barbie shoes scattered on the floor of the corridor, the numbers Astrapi in toilets, crockery melamine cups with handles double chicken breast, cut into small pieces, ketchup that draws a smile in base, shower gel strawberry, cherry toothpaste, drawings on the walls everywhere, the zones (lift, bedroom) must be absolutely respected. Another world.
I'll walk to the Salpetriere, I carefully avoid all colleague. A nurse then a Strasbourg hospital director Dijon ask me the path. I find an empty seat at the back of the auditorium yellowed and I do move.
Lunch. No way to go to the hospital self with others. I watch the subway map in my Moleskine tired and I note that Rose Bakery is just two stations. So I make a diversion and I'm missing.
Snowstorm on the beautiful grounds of the Salpetriere (I learn later by S., who was a caregiver there, there are labyrinthine underground passageways where he regularly lost with little reassurance of patients) . I think exposure to the beautiful trees and snowy Kiarostami that captivated me.
A Rose Bakery, a final table waiting for me, and once will not hurt, the service is lovely. A Japanese woman who wears a sweatshirt decorated with a turquoise bow at the neckline installs the paper tablecloth, fresh bread and butter tender, a server with a checkered shirt and a lot of hair takes control (a plate of vegetables and hot chocolate). A young woman with long hair, smooth and dark upright on the back of his chair, his beautiful coat and black Miu Miu camel behind me two English reflect the relevance or not to share a banana juice and date when I selected the chocolat-blanc/matcha cake with the approval of the waitress. I leave the conference regretfully.
In the snowy streets, everybody walks with short unsteady steps and the next day at
Vanina Escoubet between two fittings disastrous, we'll talk about the Parisian dramatization of the situation with one of its friend who was a little black dress in contrast beautifully. The bitter cold and constant I would later excuse when I was confronted with a pair of mittens all sweet (but oddly, the following days, I will continue to lose).
As I was walking alone in my favorite neighborhoods, I remembered my short week in Paris when I was teen, and I had a red backpack. I already slept with the same uncle, but there were no children. I was preparing finger sandwiches in the morning with a bottle of ice water to turn the bag in the refrigerator and I explore the city until the evening, dragging parks in bookstores. I liked.
life has changed (phew!) and in a few days I'll be in Paris with G., but the taste of Butterball Mary seems to me timeless.
extremely simple to prepare, gently melting, they do not make a mouthful. They made me think
Baci di Dama I discovered the blog of Eva past.

The Butterball Mary , a survey of
Bea

-230
g soft butter 100 g sugar cane blond
-250 g flour
-125 ml dark chocolate ganache (I made the caramel chocolate spread black
Mrs. Durand )
a little sugar-cane and more blonde and vanilla powder to coat the cookies

Work the butter until it is well ventilated (3-5 min).
Add sugar. Once the preparation is homogenous, add the flour to obtain a ball.
Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (this allows cookies do not spread during baking).
Preheat oven to 190 C.
Remove a piece of the ball of dough and form into small balls 2 cm in diameter and then freeze them for 30 minutes
After this time, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until cookies are firm but do not brown.
Cool on a wire rack.
Bring cookies in pairs with ganache or cream cheese chosen (ie although it is not too sweet, I do not know if the Nut-Nut inappropriate example) then roll in the blend butterball sugar and vanilla.
A snack with a glass of chilled milk!

0 comments:

Post a Comment